Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tupperware Brands Jubilee Event on 18th July 2009

IT’s simply amazing how one company can grab notable awards in not only one, but also many of its’ products. Tupperware Brands exhibited its’ history of innovation, dedication towards excellence and commitment to corporate social responsibility in it’s Tupperware Exhibit for the first time in an open Experience Day on Saturday, 18th July. Held at Sunway Convention Centre, thousands turned up to experience the sensation of Tupperware Brands, including two friends and myself.

I was simply bowled over when perusing the items on exhibit at the Tupperware Gallery. While Tupperware is well known for its’ quality and design, I’ve never realized how popular the brand was around the globe till I saw the display of its’ award winning products.Here are some of my favorites:

Allegra Line Phase 1
2008 Good Design Award
2009 Reddot AwardBest of the Best, Design Centre Nordrhein Westfalen, Essen
2009 IF SealIndustrie Forum Design, Hannover


NEW Cell Block-C

2008 Paula’s Choice: Superior Skincare, Expert Opinion
The Cosmetic WOW Factor – Best of 2009



Quick Chef & Happy Chopper
2006 “Focus” in Silver (Focus Energy)Design Centre Stuttgart
2006 Reddot AwardDesign Centre Nordrhein Westfalen, Essen




Since company founder Earl Silas Tupper created the first designs in the 1950s, Tupperware has continued to revolutionize daily routines with products that combine simplicity and functionality.

The open event on 18th July is an extension of the Annual Sales Jubilee for Tupperware Brands, where instead of just delighting sales consultants with rewards and recognition, a whole area was set-up to delight people like us who are fascinated followers of Tupperware and other amazing products offered by Tupperware Brands, namely NaturCare, BeautiControl, TupperChef and TupperClean.

After the Tupperware Gallery, the three of us went straight into the DIY Spa room, dedicated for people to walk-in and experience BeautiControl range of home-spa products. An absolutely gorgeous beautician, Shirley, who probably looks ten years younger than her real age, attended to us, and invited us to sit back and relax on the armchairs. Then, warm shoulder wraps were placed to encircle our necks and relax our shoulders.


Following that, cool round pads of eye masks were pla
ced on our closed eyes. I’ve always doubted the efficacy of eye masks, as I’ve never seen or felt any visible difference in my eye area after experiencing numerous eye treatments during facials. Nevertheless, it was free, and I felt like being pampered and so allowed the cool pads to sit on my eyes for a few minutes. The result was way beyond my expectations! My eyes felt refreshed! My friends felt the same. The feeling was so magical that I felt I could see better. Shirley said it was to help eye bags and tired eyes, but I sincerely think it makes me see better too!

While the eyes soaked up the nutrients of the masks, my hands were massaged with a dense lotion that fills the area with a smell of lavender. Ahhh, bliss!!! I later got to know it’s the RELAX aromatherapy body lotion. I am crazeeeee over lavender, and have decided to buy this for my best friend’s Christmas present, as she loves lavender as much as I do. Each year we try to outdo each other by getting the best set of lavender products (those using pure essential oils) for each other. I think I may be the winner this year! The lotion has a wonderful texture that leaves the skin feeling smooth and slightly buttery. I helped myself to more and splatter it all over my legs (thank goodness I was wearing a skirt!) to enjoy more of this amazing product.

Then there’s the Spa Warming Trend Green Tea Masque, which spontaneously spread warmth across my face as water activated the mask into an action that opens the pores and deeply cleanse while removing dead skins. It’s a wonderfully soft mask that is easy to use, and quick in action, very suitable for active people like me who wants to look good, and at the same time think that spending a couple of hours in a supposedly cosy room for some facial therapy is a terrible waste of time! Oh, I am so glad I dropped by to experience Tupperware Brands!

Actually we did more than just drop by. Curiosity got us there. Purposeful fun got us staying for hours.

The smell of freshly made pizza assaulted our senses as we stepped out of the DIY Spa area. Chefs were around to show home-users the rope, when it comes to cooking with TupperChef stainless steel kitchen ware.

However, the sound of excitement from a far end of the convention centre got us moving along. We didn’t want to stay for the cooking sessions, we wanted to play!


And that was what we did at the Games Corner, where we bought some coupons and tried the games there. Every ringgit spent there goes directly to Tupperware Children’s Fund, so this was one carnival where I readily took out money from my purse!

My friends decided to pair up and enter the Tupperware 360° game, which has a very entertaining host, and saw three teams assembled to outdo each other to win more Tupperware. It was fun watching them and the other teams sticking hands into jelly, putting make-up on each other blindfolded, grabbing for cash in an air-box, piecing jigsaw puzzles together and overall just spreading laughter to all those gathered around. All three teams eventually end up winning one or two items.

Besides that, we tossed shoes, as Ring Toss was not quite our talent. However, trying to aim our shoes through circular holes on a panel wasn’t as easy as it looks, especially when one has to use heavy rubber slippers provided by the game stall.

One of my friends showed amazing talent for the Car Wheel Steering, and cashed in several coupons for prizes. After helping her stuffed some of the Tupperware prizes in my large bag, she still had to hold some herself!

I also tested my skill at the Stand a Bottle, and despite the very strict time keeper making sure that everyone stops trying to lift two fallen bottles into standing positions with a hook, I succeeded on the second attempt, and won myself a prize.


I loved the way in which prizes were given. Winners take their tickets, stamped with a winning seal to the ticketing counter, and put their hands into a raffle box and collect stubs which list what items they’d win. There was a variety of prizes, and that in itself adds to the excitement of winning.



We’d have stayed for the make-over too, which costs only RM20 including a magnificent photo shoot. The make-up used is part of the range of beauty products from BeautiControl, which is part of the Tupperware Brands. However, despite what seemed like a dozen make-up artist in the area, the appointment book was FULL!



We weren’t the only happy people leaving the Tupperware Brands Experience, as many others were juggling with their days winning from the games, or taking bags of premiums they bought in the name of charity for the Children’s Fund, or simply looking and feeling gorgeous as a result of the spa and make-over.

It was indeed another successful Jubilee for Tupperware Brands consultants where the benefits overflowed to members of the public. I hope it’s happening again next year, because I most certainly want to be there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very awesome! I'm a BeautiControl girl and love that we are sister company's.

Post a Comment

Number of Visitors

Side effects of antidepressants